DEADLINE EXTENDED: Submissions are now due July 26, 2015!
As part of WalkDenver’s “I Walk Colfax” Gala on July 30, we want to hear how you walk Colfax or would like to walk Colfax. Share with us what works, what doesn’t, and how you would make it better. Show off your creativity and talent in this video contest hosted by The Colfax Chronicles! Your ideas will contribute to WalkDenver’s efforts to improve Colfax and make it more pedestrian friendly.
How it works:
- Create a short video showing what walking Colfax means to you. We’re not looking for professional videos—this can be a selfie video you shoot with your phone.
- Some ideas to get you started:
- I walk Colfax because…
- One thing I’d like to see when I walk Colfax…
- When I walk Colfax…
- The good, the bad, or the ugly of walking Colfax…
- Keep it short (no more than 3 minutes).
- Bonus points for shooting the video on Colfax or capturing unique images representing Colfax.
- By July 26 (Deadline Extended!):
- Share the video with your friends and encourage them to submit one too!
A compilation of all submissions will be playing at the I Walk Colfax event at the SIE FilmCenter, with winning videos announced and screened at the event. Winners will also be announced through The Colfax Chronicles, a TV series featuring the people, lifestyles and businesses along Colfax.
There are three ways to win:
- Most Colfax – Awarded to the video that best celebrates Colfax’s unique spirit and imagery.
- Most Creative – Awarded to the video identifying the most creative improvement to walking on Colfax.
- Most Likes – Awarded to the video that gets the most likes on YouTube.
Videos are being judged by local film experts, walkability experts, and Colfax advocates. If you’re a budding videographer or community advocate, this is a great way to get recognition from these local experts.
- Submissions must be received by Sunday July 26 at 5pm MST.
- Keep it short—videos should be no more than 3 minutes long.
- Keep it clean—WalkDenver reserves the right to reject submissions with inappropriate language or content.
- All content submitted to the contest must be your own work.
- You must complete the submission form and release for your video to be considered.
Questions? Contact Jill Locantore at email@example.com.
Help sponsor the I Walk Colfax Video Contest! Click here to view sponsorship opportunities, or contact Frank Locantore at firstname.lastname@example.org.